Internationally known author and expert on leadership, Meg Wheatley joins Terry to consider the global unraveling that’s occurring across cultures and societies. She shares her perspectives on hope and fear and how an unconditional and open-ended commitment to be of service might ultimately be more effective, sustainable and joyful than “hope.”
A few of the questions she and Terry explore are:
- How can we best relate to the discouragement that arises when hard-earned progress meets setbacks or cherished projects fall apart?
- What does it mean to be a “Warrior for the Human Spirit?” What is the “Warrior’s Vow” and how might it benefit today’s change agents facing impossible challenges?
- What can emerge when we do our work for its “present-moment rightness” rather than the belief that we will succeed?
Meg has worked globally for decades as a consultant and speaker, and she is now Co-founder and President of The Berkana Institute, where she trains Warriors for the Human Spirit — leaders who learn as a community, training with discipline and dedication to develop a stable mind and skillful ways of being. She is a best-selling author of nine books applying wisdom drawn from new science, history, and spiritual traditions to the challenges of organizational leadership and community, including “Leadership and the New Science” and “Turning to One Another.” Her most recent book is “Who Do I Choose to Be?” Her own warriorship is grounded in the lineage of Chögyam Trungpa and her teacher Pema Chödrön.
For more information on Meg Wheatley or Terry Patten, check out the following resources:
- Meg Wheatley’s Website: https://margaretwheatley.com/
- A Songline – A Journey Guided by Voice and Sound: https://margaretwheatley.com/the-warriors-songline/
- Meg’s most recent book, Who Do We Choose To Be?: https://margaretwheatley.com/books-products/books/who-do-we-choose-to-be/
- Warriors for the Human Spirit: https://margaretwheatley.com/2020-europe-warriors-for-the-human-spirit-training/
- Terry Patten’s website: https://www.terrypatten.com/
To learn more about the work we are doing, visit:
- A New Republic of the Heart website: http://newrepublicoftheheart.org/
- State of Emergence podcast website: http://stateofemergence.org/
Join Our Community of Listeners and Supporters
If you haven’t yet, we welcome you to join us as a monthly contributor here and become part of our community of listeners dedicated to uplifting our public discourse.