Terry Patten explores the delusion, anxiety, loneliness, and fear experienced across our culture as well as the potential for sacred, next-stage friendship to be a key leverage point for healing the madness. Terry also invites members of the New Republic of the Heart practice community to share their experiences participating in a daring social experiment in transformational relating and co-creativity. Ultimately, Terry and others extend a special invitation to listeners.
Here are some of the questions he explores:
- How can we best understand the wildly challenging collective madness that is gripping so many people around the world?
- How do we “go sane” amidst the madness?
- How can we find deep “spiritual friends” — people who are humble and open, and who can meet us at the heart amidst whatever craziness arises?
- Which experimental practices and ways of relating can catalyze the wisdom, coherence and heart allies that our predicament requires?
- How can we keep growing our capacities to reassert our relationships and heal our cultural divisions — even to the point of healing people falling into collective delusions?
It’s one thing to talk about these things — and it’s an entirely different thing to actually live them. For that we need friends. We each need a tribe of like-minded and like-hearted souls — our spiritual friends amidst this cultural madness. If you are a practitioner, if you have gifts to share, and/or if you want to join hands with other serious practitioners, this session is the event where we are extending you a wholehearted invitation. We are a co-creative practice community of practitioners and change agents from 20+ countries, and we welcome you.
For more information on Terry Patten and A New Republic of the Heart, check out the following resources:
- A New Republic of the Heart – Social Experiment Community
- A New Republic of the Heart – All Membership Categories
- Terry’s book, A New Republic of the Heart: An Ethos for Revolutionaries
- Terry Patten’s website