A visionary thinker and author, and one of the principal founders of the Human Potential Movement, Jean Houston has inspired leaders, artists, and organizations in over 100 countries. She has advised the UN on implementing programs related to the Millennium Development Goals and written over 30 books. Jean’s work has inspired the creation of two Universities, Pacifica and Meridian, where she serves as Chancellor. Currently, she is also Chairman of the Board of The United Palace of Spiritual Arts in New York City and where she creates programs in spiritual artistry and world outreach.
In this new conversation, Jean guides us through “five forces” she sees determining humanity’s directions into the future. Along the way, we share visions for a new partnership between men and women. We consider our emergent potentials and revisit precursors to the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. And we take to heart the adolescent growing pains of the human race, our next steps into collective adulthood, and what will be required for many to rise to higher capacities enjoyed by a few.
A quick preview of the “five forces” that determine our direction(s) into the future:
- The evolutionary pulse of the earth & the universe
- The repatterning of human nature
- The regenesis of human society
- The breakdown of the membrane
- The breakthrough of the depths
For more information on Jean Houston and Terry Patten, check out the following resources:
- Jean Houston’s website: http://www.jeanhouston.com/Jean-Houston/
- United Palace for Spiritual Arts: https://www.unitedpalace.org/upsa/
- Meridian University: https://meridianuniversity.edu/
- Terry Patten’s website: https://www.terrypatten.com/
To learn more about the work we are doing, visit:
- Learn More and Join Our Practice Community: https://nrth.wpengine.com/community/
- State of Emergence podcast website: http://stateofemergence.org/