Author of The Quantum Revelation, Paul Levy joins Terry to explore the radical, mind-bending implications of quantum physics and how they can transform our relationship to good and evil. For starters, Paul asks us to face the fact that there’s no “independently existing world out there” — we are co-dreaming it all into being. We consider how the way we observe our lives, culture and society tangibly influences them — like in a dream — and how unconscious feedback loops within consciousness can lead to a collective psychosis or “mind virus.” Ultimately, we recognize that encoded within this “mind virus” is also the information and medicine that can help us wake up from the nightmare into a much more powerful and creative way of being — especially when it’s needed during these apocalyptic-seeming times.
Paul Levy is an author, speaker, and facilitator who describes himself as “a wounded healer in private practice, assisting others who are also awakening to the dreamlike nature of reality.” Paul’s writings and talks brilliantly synthesize wisdom streams from quantum physics, Carl Jung, Buddhism, alchemy, shamanism, Kabbalah, mystical Christianity, and the work of science fiction author Philip K. Dick. He has been a Tibetan Buddhist practitioner for over 35 years and was the coordinator for the Portland Padmasambhava Buddhist Center for over twenty years. He also works actively in the field of spiritual emergence as the founder of the “Awakening in the Dream Community” in Portland, Oregon. Paul’s books include The Quantum Revelation: A Radical Synthesis of Science and Spirituality and Dispelling Wetiko: Breaking the Curse of Evil.
Here are some questions they explore in the episode:
- If both quantum physics and Tibetan Buddhism suggest a similar nondual, non-local, and co-creative view of reality, how can we inhabit our roles in it?
- How humanity’s collective self-hypnosis traps us in a dead world and prevents us from opening into the magical dimensions of reality?
- What exactly is the Native American concept of “wetiko” and how might such a “mind virus” manifest, spread, and express itself in our collective consciousness?
- How can seemingly “evil” forces contain revelations — mirrors of our own nature and supernormal potentials?
- Could our collective unconscious be dreaming our current nightmares of social, cultural, ecological, and existential crisis in order for us to awaken into a far greater agency?
For more information on Paul Levy and Terry Patten, check out the following resources:
- Paul Levy’s Website
- Paul’s book, The Quantum Revelation: A Radical Synthesis of Science and Spirituality
- Paul’s book, Dispelling Wetiko: Breaking the Curse of Evil
- Terry Patten’s website
- A New Republic of the Heart website
We hope you appreciate this week’s episode with Paul Levy on State of Emergence. If you’re appreciating these conversations and feel called to support them, please join us as a monthly contributor and become part of our community of listeners. Thank you so much.