Luminous poet, performance artist, Zen monk, and teacher Brooke McNamara joins Terry for a tender inquiry into this scary, beautiful and pregnant moment in our collective journey. Terry reads one of Brooke’s new poems to her and then she reads several poignant and evocative poems in a deeply touching, playful, grounding, and generous conversation.
Brooke McNamara is a poet, dance-theater artist, and teacher. Her second, marvelous book, Bury the Seed, was just published earlier this year, and her first book, Feed Your Vow, was published in 2015. For her poetry, she is the recipient of the Charles B. Palmer prize from the Academy of American Poets. Brooke is also a Zen monk and Dharma Holder, having practiced intensely for years with Diane Musho Hamilton. She has also taught at Naropa University in Yoga Studies and at the University of Colorado, Boulder in Dance, and she is co-director of Eunice Embodiment, an organization that offers cutting edge dance-theater performances, movement education, and creative practice labs and retreats for the Colorado community.
For more information on Brooke McNamara and Terry Patten, check out the following resources:
- Brooke’s new book Bury the Seed: https://www.brookemcnamara.com/bury-the-seed/
- Brooke’s website: https://www.brookemcnamara.com/
- Brooke’s CULTIVATE Creative Practice Workshop Series: www.brookemcnamara.com/cultivate-8-week-series/
- Terry Patten’s website: https://www.terrypatten.com/
To learn more about the work we are doing, visit:
- A New Republic of the Heart website: http://newrepublicoftheheart.org/
- State of Emergence podcast website: http://stateofemergence.org/